Saturday 26 July 2014

Curiouser New Merges of Artwork

Since my first college project back in 2007 named "Memoirs of a 1995 Child" (actually born in 1989 and was based at the time I was six years old), I have always created themed artwork that was whimsical and fairytale like. From forests to romanticised scenes from Edinburgh to Paris, my work always remains within the same theme close to me and that is my love of stories and dreams.


'Memoirs of a 1995 Child'. Theme project photo. 09.02.2008


Best known in the more recent years for my vintage style parisian designs, I created imagery from Paris in pastel perfect scenes. After four lovely years of furthering this project I now have a great gift and homeware range including a successful silk scarf collection. I am now looking to merge my two biggest loves of artwork; Vintage Paris and Memoirs of a 1995 Child. This will make a curiouser new art world of adventures, creatures and landscapes to remember as an adult what we searched for as a child. Let the story telling begin!

Amanda Jane of Amanda Jane's Gift and Homeware. Copyright. All rights reserved.
'Memoirs of a 1995 Child' project photo.
Mixed media dress from the forest themed work. 2008.          


No comments:

Post a Comment